Tuesday, November 20, 2012

MFT Guest Designer Challenge

Good evening! What a wonderful day this has been. I was out of school and took the day all for myself. No work, no phone calls, no cleaning, nothing but relaxing and crafting. I am feeling very thankful today. :o)

I made this card for the My Favorite Things GDT call. Here is the fab sketch for this month's challenge.

I love this stamp. It is called On Safari. I have always wanted to go on a safari. Maybe one day. :o)
I stamped the image with Memento, Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics. I distressed the paper edges with a Tim Holtz distresser and inked them with chalk ink in chestnut roan.  I added a  Fancy Flourish Die-namics, it makes such a great embellishment for any project. I am a button girl so I just had to add one of the awesome kraft buttons from MFT. I also used  hemp cord and jellybean green ribbon from MFT. I also used pearls and a charm from Inky Impressions. I cut a banner and stamped it with one of the sentiments that comes in the On Safari stamp set. I attached it using a brad from my stash.



I am playing in the following challenges:
Kaboodle Doodles: buttons and bows
Dream Valley: anything goes
Glitter n Sparkle: lots of layers
Stamptacular Sunday: recipe (Recipe: ribbon/twine, Pearls/Gems, Dies/Punches)

Thank you so much for stopping by. It is always a pleasure. I hope you have a fantastic night.

Until next time...........

13 comments:

Katie said...

I love this Tonya! Perfect use of the sketch :) So glad you had a great crafting day- we all need those every now and then! Hugs, Katie

jane stillman said...

A brilliant card, love the image and a great take on the sketch. Thank you for joining in the challenge over at Glitter n Sparkle

Carol Willis said...

Love this Tonya. Fab image and I love the background sky. Great layout and embellies.
Glad to hear you had a great day all to yourself.
Hugs
Caz x

Penny said...

Fabulous card! Love that cute image & your great coloring; love the die cut, papers, distressing, and wonderful embellies! Thank you for sharing this gem with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is super cute, Tonya. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. :)

Unknown said...

SO adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Ime said...

lovely card tonya! thanks for joining us at kaboodle doodles

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Love the safari looking card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Buttons & Bows” Challenge!

Kath - Admin
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Fran said...

Fantastic card, thankyou for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles xx

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

fab image thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xx

MagsB said...

What a lovely card! I love the subtle colours you've chosen, they look just right for a safari! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley

love Mags B x

Jessica said...

Such a sweet card! Beautiful colours and lovely design!
Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamptacular sunday challenge, hope to see you again next week!

Hugs Jessica

The Gov. said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They brighten my day! :o)